Saturday, 30 June 2007

Arts Award

A long overdue update.

2 Weeks Ago
Not many people turned up for rehearsal today. This resulted in Mr Sibley and the cast of Palach (me included) to come to the decision that we'd have to call off the performance. It's disappointing because I spent the week learning my lines, and I really like the play. However, it makes sense because if people didn't show up today then it is unlikely they will come next week (due to work experience) and the play still needs a lot of work before it's ready to perform. There may always be another opportunity in my life to take part in a performance of Palach, and if that does arise and I am playing the part of the Mum then I will be well prepared!
So, instead of running through Palach, Gracie and I recorded the script for our Beckett performance (we are doing 'Rockaby', which is pretty much entirely recorded). This ended in arm ache, due to the fact that the person who wasn't reading was moving their arm every four seconds to indicate to the other when to speak! I did it wrong the first time, and I forgot to do the voice. But someone (fortunately) interupted the recording so we had to start again. Under most circumstances this would have been annoying, but given my bad performance it made me very relieved.
The recording is not done, and all that needs to be done is to put the pauses and echo effects into it. I am not sure when this will be done.

No comments: