I thought I'd blog about the best day of my life, which was the Thirsday just gone.
I went with one of my friends (Dan) and my drama teacher to collect a school award. We went it my drama teacher's car and it was the best thing I've ever done. On the way there I was sitting in the front naviating, and Dan was listeneing to is music in the back so me and my drama teacher just talked. We talked about Brecht, and then I told him about Jenny (my companion) and he seemed to understand, which is weird because I've never told anyone about Jenny before today (she lives far away). What was even more surprising was the fact that he seemed to understand, and we beleived that similar things were real. And we listened to some music but there wasn't but good stuff on the radio. We talked about how nice it would be to do a parachute jump. It was the best conversation I've ever had. (He even told me that Noddy the cartoon character is asexual!)
We got to the venue early, so he bought us a coffee. I told him it was my first coffee and he laughed and then him and Dan talked whilst I just drank. Then Dan went to the loo and I smiled at my drama teacher and said that this was my first coffee and that it was like a rite of passage. He just looked at me and told me that he was glad it was a rite of passage that he was taking me on.
The actual award thing was boring, nothing happened.
he journey back was amaazing. I was in the back because Dan was navigating but he got us lost so we were cruising through Brighton with the windows down listeneing to Sugar Babes 'push the button' really loudly. It was so funny. Then it turned out he also had 'Fuck It (I don't want you back)' on his ipod so we listened to that (its a british song, if you haven't heard it search it on yahoo or something) and we were all singing along really loudly and it was the best moment of my life.
Now I can't stop drinking coffee (I didn't get to sleep until three in the morning last night) and I have set the Eamon song as my myspace music. I've also changed all the music on my ipod, a lot of it is now songs we listened to that day.
Since then I have started a book thing. Its not like a diary really, but in many ways it holds the emotions that many people's diaries hold. Its just quotes, things that people say and some things that I say. Here's some of the stuff from that day:
In Costa: "How do I drink it? Do I just pick it up?" (Me- about my coffee)
"Yes." (Dan and drama teacher)
"What? All of it?" (me)
In the car on the way back: "This is perfect, I wish we could drive like this and listen to music forever" (me)
"You'd get bored" (drama teacher)
"I swear I wouldn't!" (me)
In the foyer at the award place: "They took Noddy of air." (Dan)
"Why?" (Me)
"Because it was racist" (drama teacher)
"I could have sworn it was because Noddy slept with Big-Ears!"(Dan)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It's good that you have a teacher that understands you, and you can talk to. I was lucky enough to have three of those in high school. I think most people never have one. It can be very helpful to have an adult ally on the inside.
You never did mention how you liked your coffee. I can only assume you enjoyed it if you got home and couldn't stop drinking it. Wonderful, huh? Just don't get too addicted; massive ammounts of caffine can detiriorate muscle tissue!
Post a Comment